How to Meditate With Crystals: There are many benefits to meditation. From changing your perspective to increasing your ability to focus, regular meditation is one of the most effective daily habits for a more fulfilling life.
Table of Contents
About Meditating With Crystals
While there’s nothing wrong with regular meditation, adding crystals can enhance your practice in a variety of ways. For example, healing crystals can deepen your meditation, open your mind to higher consciousness, and assist with manifestation.
There’s no right or wrong way to meditate with crystals. But to help you get started, here’s how I like to add gemstones to my meditation practice.
Step 1: Choose A Crystal
I firmly believe that you should let your intuition guide you towards a crystal. By listening to your spiritual mind, the “right” crystal nearly always becomes evident.
With that said, selecting a crystal can often be overwhelming. There are hundreds of beautiful options, each with unique vibration and healing properties, so it can be hard to choose!
Suggestions for Meditation Crystals
To help you get started, here are five of my favourites as you start learning how to meditate with crystals:
- Clear quartz. Clear quartz is one of the most versatile healing crystals, as it can be programmed for any intention. It also raises your vibration and enhances the body’s natural energy.
- Angelite. This gemstone has a calming energy that makes it easier to maintain a deep meditation. It’s also a beautiful crystal that helps you to become aware of your inner feelings and thoughts.
- Rose quartz. Rose quartz is known as the Stone of Unconditional Love. It’s a heart-centred stone that’s an excellent choice for gratitude meditation. This crystal also raises your heart energy to a higher frequency, which may improve your meditation sessions.
- Black tourmaline. Black tourmaline is a stone for protection. It’s also a grounding stone which keeps you balanced and calm. So, if you struggle to maintain focus when meditating, it’s a powerful crystal for bringing clarity and awareness to the present moment.
- Selenite. Selenite has a pure vibration that can cleanse negative energies. It’s also able to open the higher chakras.
Alternatively, think about your intention when meditating. Most crystals are associated with specific intentions and goals, so knowing what you want to achieve can make it easier to choose.
There’s no such thing as the “wrong” crystal, though! So, don’t worry about making a mistake when choosing a gemstone for meditation.
Step 2: Cleanse The Crystal
Once you’ve chosen your crystal, it’s a good idea to cleanse it before using it for meditation or healing.
Cleansing removes negative energy that may have been absorbed from other people or the crystal’s previous environments. This is particularly important for a new crystal, which may have been exposed to negative energy on its journey.
There are many cleansing methods, such as running water, sunlight, and brown rice. However, some cleansing methods can damage certain crystals, so it’s important to check if a method is safe.
A simple way to cleanse your crystal is with moonlight. Place the crystal on a windowsill that will receive moonlight, then leave it throughout the night. Don’t worry if it’s cloudy or raining – your crystal will still be cleansed.
Step 3: Create A Calm Environment
Experienced meditators can meditate even with distractions and external noise. But if you’re new to meditation, or just want a relaxing session, then it’s best to use a quiet environment where no one will disturb you.
Begin by making sure the room isn’t too cold or hot. A comfortable seat is important, as you may be sitting for an extended time.
Some people also enjoy playing calm music when meditating. If this helps you stay relaxed and focused, then there’s nothing wrong with background music.
For small crystals, you might want to hold the stone in your hand or place it on an associated Chakra. If you have a larger gemstone, then it’s fine to put it nearby, as you’ll still benefit from its healing energy throughout the meditation.
Step 4: Begin The Meditation
Start your meditation by taking a few deep breaths. Re-affirm any intention you want to achieve during the crystal meditation, then become aware of both your breath and the crystal’s healing vibrations.
Try to remain relaxed and focused throughout the meditation session. You may want to keep your eyes open to maintain visual contact with the crystal, but it’s OK to close them too.
Maintain your attention on the breath. As your mind begins to wander, acknowledge the thought and bring your attention back to the breath. Don’t get frustrated, as it’s normal for your mind to get frequently distracted – especially as a beginner.
As the meditation finishes, slowly bring your awareness back to the physical space around you. Don’t jump up immediately, though. Take a few moments to feel gratitude towards the crystal and your meditation practice.
Other Tips For Meditating With Crystals
Now that you know how to meditate with crystals, here are a few extra tips for enhancing your sessions:
- Consistency is essential when meditating. The benefits of meditation build up over time, so it’s essential to practice daily.
- You don’t need to add crystals to every meditation session though. Use crystals whenever you want to benefit from their powerful energies or if you’re meditating for a specific intention.
- Crystal grids can be a great way to enhance the effects of healing crystals. A grid places crystals in specific patterns based on sacred geometry, which can increase their healing powers.
- Some people find a crystal’s energy overwhelming when meditating. If this is the case, try moving the crystal further away, or use a gemstone with gentler energy.
Summary of How to Meditate With Crystals
Meditation brings a sense of clarity and stillness to our daily lives. With the hectic pace of modern-day living, a regular meditation practice can improve your stress and anxiety.
Adding healing crystals and stones to your practice can provide a variety of additional benefits. Aside from helping you achieve a deeper meditation, crystals can assist with specific intentions or goals. Healing stones can also be used for manifestation and to access higher levels of consciousness.
Some of my favourite crystals for meditation include clear quartz, angelite, selenite, and black tourmaline. However, there’s no such thing as a “wrong” crystal to use, so allow your intuition to guide you.
About the Author: “Mary is a spiritual teacher and crystal healing expert. She founded her website, Angel Grotto, with the intention of helping people improve their lives through the healing power of crystals.”