Exploring Hummingbird Totem Meanings And Symbolism: A hummingbird animal totem can offer you endless insight and effervescent wisdom. This totem is vastly unique, as as such, as unique offerings in the realm of totem guidance.
Table of Contents
Insightful Hummingbird Meaning Video
Hummingbird Totem Observations
It is not commonly known that the fluttering wings of the hummingbird move in the pattern of an infinity symbol – further solidifying their symbolism of eternity, continuity, and infinity. By observing the hummingbird, we see they are seemingly tireless. Always actively seeking the sweetest nectar, they remind us to forever seek out the good in life and the beauty in each day.
Hummingbird animal totem meaning is about energetic resources. These lovely creatures are a great reminder of how we expend our own energy. When hummingbirds show up in our lives, it’s a good time to take a look at our energy-stores and resources. hummingbirds warrant an honest look at how we are maintaining our vibrational frequencies. Are we frittering away our energy on needless issues (ie: worry, fear, lack)? Or, are we in a state of well-honed, regulated balance when it comes to our energy and resources?
Amazing migrators, some hummingbirds are known to wing their way as far as 2000 miles to reach their destination. This quality reminds us to be persistent in the pursuit of our dreams, and adopt the tenacity of the hummingbird in our lives.
The hummingbird totem is a messenger of hope and jubilation. In many cultures they are considered messengers of love, joy and promise. Moreover, they are considered harbingers of spiritual wisdom. In fact, many Native American tribes (such as the Navajo) believe that hummingbirds embody the souls of ancestors, and deliver messages from loved ones who have passed away from the earth.
Considering this, you may want to find ways to attract hummingbirds. Providing hummingbirds an ideal place to live, play and thrive is a perfect way to bring more of them in your life. It’s also a soulful way of honoring these little miracles and a tender way of saying “thank you” to hummingbirds for their wisdom, magic and power.
Hummingbird animal totems offer powerful as well as elegant attributes such as…
Symbolic Hummingbird Meaning Keywords
Hummingbird Totem FAQs
Here are a few clues that let you know if the hummingbird is your totem or spirit guide:
1. You are high energy. You rarely sit still, and appreciate activity that leads to results that benefit your community, family or the world.
2. You’re mindful of your resources. You don’t tolerate waste well – that includes wasted time.
3. You can be incredibly sensitive and intuitive.
4. You socialize well, and get along with almost everyone. However, you prefer quiet moments. You likely enjoy working by yourself too.
5. You like your independence, and don’t mind traveling or taking on new adventures by yourself.
6. The environment, conservation, and preserving nature is important to you.
7. Others marvel at your ability to get tons done effectively and within (often under) a budget. In fact, when a big project needs to go off without a hitch, and done exceedingly well, you’re often the go-to person for the job.
8. Attention to detail is one of your greatest assets.
9. You appreciate order, but you also appreciate many aspects of chaos found in nature and the world.
10. You have strong opinions of your own, but you respect and value the viewpoints of others.
It’s an auspicious sign. It indicates that it’s time to reflect upon things you are grateful for. It’s also a sign to stop procrastinating and start getting busy on whatever you’ve been putting off in your life. Very often a hummingbird visitation might be a message from a loved one who has passed on. Remember too, that hummingbirds are all about spreading life (they are natural pollinators in nature). Therefore, when a hummingbird visits you, it might be a prompt to go out and spread your light, love, gifts, and joy to the world.
As mentioned, hummingbirds are symbolic of life, energy, joy, survival and resourcefulness. Spiritually speaking, the hummingbird asks us to attend to matters of the soul. They encourage us to cultivate our spirit either through prayer, meditation, study, or contemplation.
If you are dreaming of hummingbirds, it’s going to mean something different to you than anyone else. However, some general interpretations of hummingbird dreams include:
1. It might be a message to move from one phase of life to another. This could be a physical move, or moving into a new emotional or spiritual move.
2. Hummingbirds in dreams often indicate it’s time to seek out more magic and inspiration in your life. This is particularly true if you’re having hummingbird dreams during a dull, stagnant time in your life.
3. A hummingbird dream might also be an encouragement to find joy and creativity in your work. This is especially on-point if you’ve been working way too much. Dreaming of hummingbirds reminds us that while work is a necessity, it doesn’t have to be drudgery.
It’s very likely. In many myths and cultures, the hummingbird is believed to be a messenger of spirits that have passed into non-physical. There are tons of reports from people reporting that they have sighted hummingbirds shortly after a loved one passes away. If this is happening to you, ask. Ask your loved one in the spirit realm and even ask the essence of the hummingbird if it is visiting you on behalf of someone you’ve lost in your life. You’ll be surprised that a) You’ll get an answer and b) what the answer is.
Questions the Hummingbird Asks Us
The hummingbird as an animal totem asks us profound questions. Take the time to listen, then contemplate what kind of response you would have for the hummingbird (and your inner self)…
- “Where is your joy?”
- “Is your happiness found within, or do you seek it externally?”
- “What is the source of your joy?”
- “What must you do to increase your joy?”
I hope you have enjoyed this page on symbolic hummingbird meanings as an animal totem. Be sure to click on the links at the end of this page for more bird meanings, animal totem meanings, and more! Thanks for reading, and keep humming!
Bright hummingbird blessings to you,
© Copyrighted. All Rights Reserved.
Avia’s Amazon Picks for You
Other Articles of Interest on This Website
Facts About Symbolic Hummingbird Meanings
Hummingbirds. They’re fascinating little creatures. There are a ton of symbolic meanings associated with the hummingbird. Click here to find out more about hummingbird totem meanings and symbolism.
Bird Animal Totem Meanings and Air Animal Symbolism
Creatures of the air like birds, insects, bats, etc., are flying high with rich meaning and lessons for us. The animals of the air remind us of freedom. They inspire us. They encourage us to get a ‘bird’s eye view’ of our circumstances from a different perspective. Click here to learn more about bird animal totems and meanings.
Bird Omens and Bird Messages
If you have spent any amount of time on my website, then you know I’m bonkers about birds. I love them for their beauty and value them for the elegant bird messages they serve. When it comes to interpreting bird omens, we have to commit ourselves to the avian arena. Get more about bird omens and messages here.