Moon Meaning and Moon Symbolism
Moon Meaning and Moon Symbolism
I have a question about Moon meaning and Moon symbolism. The Moon means so much to me. I am attracted and energized by the Moon. The Full Moon and New Moons are especially special to me. I am not sure about the effect the Moon has on me. I just know that it is powerful.
I read your page on symbolic Moon meaning - but I wonder if you might have more to share? Are you attracted to the Moon? What does it mean to you?
Thank you for this fantastic website - I have gained a lot of good stuff from your writing.
Avia's Response to
"Moon Meaning and Moon Symbolism"
The most pervasive Moon symbolism and wisdom emerges with our recognition that Lady Luna creates no light of her own. Her power is in Shadow. Her conveyance (her ability to be seen) depends upon her ability to reflect (back the light of the Sun).
So what does that say to you?
Moon Meaning and Moon Symbolism Tips
La Luna whispers to me about....
- Reflection: What kind of light (intent/emotion/behavior/action/thought) are we reflecting? How can we reflect our most authentic selves more effectively? How can we utilize the light from our Soul (Sol/Sun) to shine (reflect) our best sides?
- Shadow: The Universe is designed in a schematic of opposites. Good/Evil, Light/Dark, High/Low. It's a clever design because it navigates us. Recognize the shadows, but know their opposites are also inherent. When Lunar light bathes our awareness, it might be sign to acknowledge the darkness as a way to step into lightness. See the light in your dark nights of the soul. Keep your joy illumined. Within every sorrow, there lives joy. Sometimes we have to be sneaky about how we find that joy - but to be sure - it IS there via creative design.
- Untapped potential: The Moon is a subtle symbolism. She reminds us of our hidden works, our hidden powers, our hidden resources. Her luminous visitations should prompt us to wonder about the treasures we have hidden within us - those majestic mysteries still yet to be illuminated in our awareness.
- Purification: Lady Luna is also a purifier. In ancient alchemical wisdom, the Moon is akin to Silver - which is a purifying, clarifying, cleansing element in the Great Work. Moonlight encourages us to clean, clear, clarify, renew, refresh, etc.
- Feminine Vibe: With rare exceptions (Japanese culture comes first to mind), the Moon is a feminine archetype. Ergo, Madam Moon encourages us to pay closer attention to our deeper intuition, dreams, our sense of empathy, our ideas about cycles/time/progress.
Also, what are your feelings about birth? The Moon represents an endless parade in the phases of growth & development. Every new Moon phase, Lady Luna begins anew - with a tiny seed of potential. Thus, every full Moon represents a new birth. What's inside you waiting to be born?
Consider the seeds within you - dormant at the new Moon. Focus on the process of nurturing new ideas/intentions/visions throughout the following fortnight and giving birth to these with full-blown manifestations upon the full Moon.
This is just a picnic-sampler of moonlit delights. Still hungry?
Feast on these luminous offerings:
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Celestial Symbolism.
An Important Note About Signs, Symbols and Their Meanings
Signs and symbols cultivate their meanings according to culture, context, passage of time in society as well as mass societal opinion. What's cool and highly important is that signs and symbols earn their most powerful meanings from our own personal perspectives.
This website strives to provide you with the best, time-honored information when defining signs and symbols. However, in the final analysis, "Beauty (and symbolism) is in the eye of the beholder."
Having said that, it's in our best interest to invest the time to do personal research on symbolic events happening to us. This website is just one perspective in an ocean of variety and diversity in the realm of symbolism. So dive in! There is a whole universe of deeper meanings to explore! You can start your research by clicking on the links at the end or to the side of this page. Odds are good I've got a follow-up article about this symbolic topic. ;)
As always, thanks for your willingness to learn more about the language of symbolism. It's a language that is universal and everywhere. It's super-groovy to travel with you on your symbolic path, and maybe offer a little translation along the way. Thanks for reading and exploring!