Symbolic Body Meanings via Astrological Correspondences
Astrological Body Meanings
Body meanings can shed a lot of light on our function, status, and levels of consciousness.
Did you know the planets in our Universe are representatives of various parts of our physical bodies? And if you did know this, do you know the gravity of this statement?
When I was first introduced to astrology, I was awestruck by the implications of connectivity and symbolism this branch of study provided. Astrology is all about connections on a deeper, esoteric level.
Planets represented in the human body is just one example of astrology's ability to make a higher connection between human and divine.
Learning body meanings associated with the planets can offer vital understanding about the connection we humans have with our Universe. Scientists have already proven our bodies are made of the same celestial ingredients as the stars and planets. Going deeper into this knowing by learning the symbolic connections between the planets and our bodies galvanizes our understanding of our connection to the divine.
Furthermore, knowing of which planet rules areas of the body forms an allegiance with universal powers. Why? Because we can tap into the energy of certain planets in order to enhance certain body functions.
The ancients did this. Marrying symbolic planetary meanings with body meanings together was a natural process of learning, healing and evolving to early shamans, sages and metaphysicians.
Be a modern sage, and allow your understanding to orbit around planetary correspondences of the human body. Here's a brief summary to kick-start your magical journey in this area of cosmic development:
Astrological Correspondences to The Human Body
- Sun: The sun governs the general flow of energy throughout the body as well as around it (etheric, auric, energetic bodies that are our energy, but extend far beyond our physical bodies). The sun is an equal partner in heart function, circulation, vitality and overall healing.
- Moon: The moon governs the fluid of the body. In the same way the moon influences the tides according to her orbit around the earth, the moon similarly affects the fluids in our bodies. Water retention, blood flow, digestive motion, and cellular moisture all respond to moon energy.
- Mercury: Mercury governs mental functions and will equally influence both hemispheres of the human brain. It promotes clarity in intellect, creative thought as well as strategic calculations of the brain. Mercury also rules automatic body functions (breathing, blinking, etc) and works with the moon in digestive functions too.
- Venus: Venus is a very sensual, tactile planet so it makes sense it will govern sensory organs. Venus plays her hand in pleasurable aspect of nourishment in that the planet rules taste, tongue, swallowing, the mouth and saliva. Sensory perception of touch is influenced by Venus and her relationship with the dermis & epidermis (skin). Venus also assists with the regulation of sweetness in the body (regulation of insulin, balance of sugars and carbohydrates in the body).
- Mars: As it is the red planet, it will be easy to remember Mars' influence on our red blood cells and natural oxidation in the body. Mars is also an assertive planet and is connected to procreative aspects of the body such as the function of sexual organs.
- Jupiter: It's an expansive planet, so it makes sense that Jupiter governs physical growth of the body. Jupiter also assists in elimination and influences excretion and clearing out of toxins. This is evident in Jupiter's rulership of the liver and kidneys. On the whole, Jupiter has a protective energy and works to facilitate growth while inhibiting obstructions.
- Saturn: This is the planet of control and structures, so it is logical Saturn would influence our own structures. Meaning, Saturn governs our bones. This planet influences the strength of our most basic inner stability in our skeletal systems. It plays a part in bone density, distribution of calcium and other fortifying vitamins. Saturn is also present in cartilage, teeth, nails, etc.
- Uranus: Uranus governs the nervous system both on an individual scale and on a societal scale. Uranus also plays a role in respiratory function. Bronchial tubes, lungs, diaphragm, cilia, trachea - are all affected by the influence of Uranus. Consequently, Uranus energy can be utilized to assist with soothing breathing malfunctions (bronchitis, emphysema, asthma).
- Neptune: This planet assists in the function of most glands, particularly endocrine glands which play a role in the secretion of hormones. Endocrine glands include the thyroid, pituitary and adrenals - all of which are considered to possess highly mystical properties according to esoteric schools of thought. Neptune also lends a helping hand with the lymphatic system too.
- Pluto: This planet (or not...the debate as to whether Pluto is a planet or not still continues. I'm including it anyway for its symbolic portent) has powers of renewal, so it makes sense Pluto influences the body's ability to rejuvenate, regenerate and heal. Pluto plays a role in healing by governing the various functions within the immune system. It governs constant birth and death on a cellular level too. Pluto is also connected to the body's reproductive system.
I hope you have enjoyed these observations on human body meanings and their planetary correspondences. By knowing these governing planets and their influence on the areas of the body you can utilize their corresponding energies to enhance your overall well being.
Just by acknowledging these planets and their connection with your body goes a long way to feeling the vitality of your body. Remember, everything is connected and everything works together. Knowledge of this allows humans to work in tandem with the universal forces.
Please note: This article does not serve as medical advice. If you have medical issues, consult a medical professional.
Find more articles on astrological meanings and symbolic meanings by following the in-site links at the end of this page.